We plan to start hiking around 11:00 A.M. Monday morning (August 7th). You’ll be able to watch our progress below, which will be tracked by my DeLorme InReach Explorer Two Way Satellite Communicator. It should start updating my location as soon as I hit the trail.
PLEASE NOTE: The mobile version of this map recently changed and no longer displays the route. If you are using a phone and want to see the route, press the information icon ( looks like a lower-case cursive i ) and hit “View Desktop Version.”
- Destination Name: Ludlow Mountain
- Intended Route: Taking a Jackson Gore shuttle to Healdville Trail. Hiking up Healdville Trail to the fire tower, then following Buckhorn Ski Trail to Okemo’s Sunburst Six Scenic Chairlift. Taking the Sunburst Six back to the Sugar House Lodge Area.
- The map/gpx file I am using can be viewed here: https://caltopo.com/m/9KKS
- Departure & Return Time/Date: Day hike for Aug 7 2017. Starting around 11 a.m. Should be off the trail by 2 p.m.
- Hike Itinerary:
- 11:00 a.m.: Start drive to trailhead
- 11:15 a.m: Start hike, will send inReach message and start tracking, viewable at https://share.delorme.com/hikinggeek
- 1:15 p.m.: Arrive at fire tower
- 1:30 p.m.: Start hike to Sunburst Six
- 1:45 p.m.: Ride chairlift to Sugar House Lodge Area
- Vehicle Description: N/A
- Notable Gear (for identification purposes):