Tuesday June 19, I’m planning to hike my 3rd, 4th and 5th 4,000 footers. I am also planning to hike Avalon, which is on the 52 With a View list.
- Name: Mt. Willey, Mt. Field, Mt. Tom and Mt. Avalon via Flume Trail, Willey Range Trail and Avalon Trail (one way)
- Distance: 8.2 miles
- Duration: TBD
- Gain/Loss: +4514′, -3921′
- Max Elevation: 4,295‘
- Difficulty: TBD
- Helpful Links
- Weather Forecast: https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mount-Willey/forecasts/1297
I am hiking with a friend. Here is the route we plan to take, starting at the Willey House. We will leave a second vehicle at Crawford Notch before starting our hike.
I hope to hit the trail around 7 a.m. You’ll be able to watch my progress below, which will be tracked by my DeLorme InReach Explorer Two Way Satellite Communicator. It should start updating my location as soon as I hit the trail.
|If you regularly hike or backpack in the northeast, please join our Facebook group, New England Hiking and Backpacking!
It’s a great place to ask questions and share your photos, trip reports and gear recommendations.
- Trail Name: Flume Trail, Willey Range Trail and Avalon Trail.
- Intended Route: Starting at the Willey House, we will hike Mt. Willey, Mt. Field, Mt. Tom via The Willey Range Trail. After Mt. Tom, we will take the Avalon Trail to Mt. Avalon, then exit at Crawford Notch.
- The map/gpx file I am using can be viewed here: https://caltopo.com/m/5MPS
- Departure & Return Time/Date: Day hike for June 19, 2018. Leave home around 5 a.m. I hope to return home by 7:00 PM at the latest
- Hike Itinerary: TBD
- Vehicle Description: Black Subaru Impreza with NH plates
- Notable Gear (for identification purposes):