My family and I spent a night camping at Whitewater Preserve. The next day we hiked and played in the water. It was a great opportunity to spend some time together, as well as test some of my gear for my upcoming High Sierra Trail (HST) hike.
I got up around 2:30 am Saturday morning to snap some pics of the blood moon. I had been planning on there being a full moon, but did not know there would be an eclipse until a few hours before we left. Due to my infatuation with the moon, my hike got off to a late start and I didn’t make it to my preferred vantage point for sunrise photos.
The water flow was low(as expected), but there were still a few flowers. I am hoping we can make it out there again before it gets too hot.
- Sunrise Hike with Riley || Distance: 8.5 miles RT || Duration: ~3 hrs
- Family “Hike” to water || Distance: 1.0 miles RT
The gallery below (50+ photos) loads slowly. Thank you for your patience.
- Cotton Carrier Camera Vest
- I carried our DSLR and our mirrorless camera on my hike. Having the extra stability that the vest provides for the DSLR is great!
- Deuter Airlite 28
- Oboz Men’s Traverse Low Hiking Shoe
- Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
- Soloist Gore-tex Bivy By The North Face
- I plan to use this as my primary shelter on my HST hike. It is free-standing and sets up quickly.
- Vivobarefoot Ultra