As a GearRat and bargain bin shopper, I have lots of boots … too many boots … in fact, I could go a number of years without buying a new pair. As the founder of this blog though, I try to seek out gear from lesser-known brands to see what they have to offer and to determine if it is something my readers should know about. In an effort to help make the outdoors accessible for everyone, Northside USA (an independent, family owned and operated business) has strived to manufacture affordable shoes to help get families outside. When it comes to footwear, I have long been a believer in “you get what you pay for,” but after reviewing a relatively inexpensive (compared to my usual footwear) pair of trail shoes, my opinion has shifted some. Northside USA believes that you don’t need expensive shoes/equipment to enjoy the outdoors and that the right footwear helps get families outside.
As ambassadors for Kids to Parks Day, my son, wife and I have all received complementary pairs of Northside shoes. My son is very excited to have his first pair of hiking boots! Here are the specific models we are using:
To date, we’ve only used our boots on a couple of short walks and around the house while doing daily chores. After we get out with them a few times, I’ll add a short review. They appear to be well made and are comfortable. So far, we’re all happy with the boots.
Kids to Parks Day is the signature event of the National Park Trust’s popular Buddy Bison School Program, which teaches environmental education and the benefits of outdoor recreation to under-served schools. NPT’s goal is to cultivate future park stewards and outdoor enthusiasts. Kids to Parks Day offers many benefits to participants, encouraging families to use Kids to Parks Day as the first of many days spent outdoors to help develop more active, healthy lifestyles. The day brings families together to create lifelong memories and educational opportunities, and expose participants to the many psychological and social benefits of outdoor play in a park. To learn more about HikingGeek.com’s involvement, check our Kids to Parks Day page.
One (1) random winner will be chosen on Kids to Parks Day (May 20, 2017).
- By commenting below, visiting both Facebook pages and following both Twitter accounts, participants obtain 12 entries.By tweeting about the giveaway between from May 2 through May 20th, participants can obtain an additional 38 entries, for a maximum of 50 entries.
- Commenting below, regarding your plans for May 20 or for 2017 in general = 5 entries (it’s ok if you’re not participating in Kids to Parks Day)
- Visiting HikingGeek on Facebook = 1 entries
- Visiting Northside USA on Facebook = 2 entries
- Following HikingGeek on Twitter = 2 entries
- Following Northside USA on Twitter = 2 entries
- Tweeting about the giveaway = 2 entries per tweet (1 tweet per day)
Please note that anyone that registers for Kids to Parks day will also be entered into a larger giveaway (prizes TBD). You can register for Kids to Parks day here: kidstoparks.org.
|Disclaimer: The boots pictured in this entry were provided to HikingGeek.com by Northside USA.|