|If you regularly hike or backpack in California, please join our Facebook group, California Hiking and Backpacking!
It’s a great place to ask questions and share your photos, trip reports and gear recommendations.
The last year has been amazing. I spent more days on the trail than I ever have, took my first extended backpacking trip (High Sierra Trail) and I became an ambassador for 3 great companies. Out of my 50+ days on the trail, there are 5 that really stand out. Here they are:
- Some of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen and I introduced some ‘newbies’ to hiking in the Sierra. I think they’re hooked!
- I’ve never gone to such extremes to bag a peak. Our day started at 4 am and I wasn’t in bed until 4 am the next day. 2 hours later, I was getting ready for work.
- This was my introduction to backcountry/off-trail snowshoeing and was instrumental in me pursuing my ‘backcountry’ ambassadorship with Tubbs Snowshoes.
- On our 3rd attempt, Gilbert and I finally summited Mt. Whitney together.
- After one of my toughest days ever on the trail (sciatic and plantar fascia pain), I was treated to one of the most amazing views I’ve ever seen.
|If you’re interested in snowshoeing, please join our Facebook group, Snowshoeing & Winter Hiking! Through the end of December, we’re giving away some excellent gear from Tubbs, Hydrapak, WoolX, Farm 2 Feet, and Oboz.|